I completely forgot that Corine tagged in her post about what was learned in Ohate. I suck. Yes I do.
It’s kind of an overwhelming topic at this juncture as ’08 has brought many changes in circumstances my way after having quit my job as a corporate whore in late ’07, settling in to living with the mister, a child going into his teens and developing an intimate relationship with Sick Kids Hospital as the result of an injury my daughter sustained. I also have that annoying habit of learning from other people’s experience. I learned a lot, but I’ll try to keep this short and sweet.
– You know that whole me being lucky with money thing that you’re all giving me the gears for? Yeah, I learned that’s pretty much true.
– It’s really healthier for all of humanity to keep my standards non-negotiable.
– I’ve got an amazingly supportive group of friends.
– I can’t be friends with everyone.
– I relearned how to let shit go.
– Leaving a bad job is like leaving a bad relationship. All those steps of grieving and everything. True story.
– My kids have picked up a lot of my bad habits but some good ones too.
– I’m sensitive and I’d like to stay that way.
– Walking around with your heart on one sleeve and your vulnerabilities on the other can be exhausting but so worth it.
– My sense of reciprocity is skewed.
– I really am a quick study.
– I will never grow out of the desire to take on my children’s pain.
– Canada has been wearing blinders for far too long and we were not prepared for the shock of reintroduction to daylight.
– I finally got that damned shoe-tying thing down too.