All images via V Magazine.
I’ve had a few days to chew on these images, a sneak peek of V issue #63’s One Size Fits All article, and their attempt to break through the size barriers by showcasing the clothing on one ‘model-sized model’ (Jacqulyn Jablonski) and one ‘plus-sized model’ (Crystal Renn). I’m decidedly undecided about it, so I’ll leave you with my initial thoughts.
- The clothing: I love that all of these ensembles are unapologetically bold, bright, patterned, & skin bearing.
- The styling: both models look amazingly fresh and right now.
- The modelling: fierce + sultry. my favourite.
- The photography: so very, very clever.
- The models don’t appear to be that much different in size: I suppose this could be a bad point, but I appreciate that, even though there’s quite a large distance between their sizes, both bods are completely stunning (all of those LEGS! *drools*)
- The comparison: while I suppose this could be a good thing, I feel like I’m forced to make the comparison in every image. I’m not allowed to just be happy about these beautiful clothes on beautiful women.
- The lack of variety: though the message is heard, it’s kind of a drop in the ocean. this shoot really only goes about a quarter of the way. a variety of models in a variety of shapes and sizes workin’ it the way these two do would make for better delivery.
All in all, I think it’s a good effort and I sincerely hope other vashion mags take their cue. What do you think?